Texas Hold ‘emThis page may contain paid links that help support our site.
Poker Guide to Texas Hold ‘em
Texas Hold ’em is by far my absolute favorite game of all time. Hold ‘em is the type of game that is played online, in the casino and with a great group of friends just hanging out. The object of Hold ‘em is to assemble a five card hand using the two dealt with you and the five the dealer will put on the table. Once you’re seated at a table the dealer will ask to “ante up “. The ante is initial bet amount just to see your cards. Once the player has anted up the player can also wager on the “Bonus” (Located to the right of the Ante), if the player chooses to do so their betting on the initial hand dealt before the flop. If the player loses the bonus bet the player is still eligible to continue with the main bet. (The Bonus is known as a side bet)
Hold ‘em has three stages of card revealed to the players, So once the player has his cards the dealer will put three cards on the table called the flop and flop circle light up. This is when the player would have to decide whether or not to “Fold” or “Bet”. By folding you’ll instantly lose but if you end up placing a wager you be able to reveal the Flop. After the Flop has been revealed the player will get the option to Check or Bet. By Checking the player won’t have to enter any more money and will basically just have to wait for the next card. But if the player decides to place a bet it will take an equal amount of the initial Ante. For example, if you Ante $10, you will bet another $20 just to reveal the flop. If after the flop you choose to bet, you will enter another $10 – for a total of $40 wagered.
In order to win, you must beat the dealer
The best Combination of a five card hand out of the players and the dealers will be graded and highlighted stating whose five cards Ranking won. Ok so if the player happened to receive an equal hand as the dealer this would be considered a “Push” and no money would be won or lost.
- Royal Flush: 10, J, Q, K and Ace of the same suit.
- Straight Flush: Five cards of the same suit in sequence.
- Four of a Kind: Four cards of the same rank.
- Full House: Three of a kind, plus a pair.
- Flush: Five cards of the same suit, not in sequence.
- Straight: Five cards in sequence.
- Three of a Kind: Three cards of the same rank.
- Two Pair: Two pairs of different rank.
- One Pair: Two cards of the same rank.
Texas Hold’em Index
It’s very important to learn and to become familiar with the terms used in Texas Hold ‘em.
- The Ante: In order to see your two cards you would have to Ante up.
- Bonus Bet: Is the bet that two cards dealt are great then the dealers.
- Check: Checking will allow you to progress to see the next card without raising the wager.
- Fold: Is when it makes no sense to continue and for fit the money you have already wagered
- Flop: Is the first three community cards dealt by the dealer
- Turn: Community card followed by the flop is the turn
- River: The final community card dealt by the dealer is called the River, no more betting will be allowed.